Are you looking for the best WordPress social media plugin? I have got you covered… Very few webmasters understand the importance of social shares and signals. For this reason, a lot of them tend to ignore this important search engine ranking factor.
For some those who do understand it’s vitality, we are often faced with the challenge of choosing the right social share plugin for our blog or website from the tons of available options
Most newbies do not know these to even choose from. Hence the need for this post
Now when you have great contents on your blog, it’s logical to rely on your visitors to help promote your content for you.
However, like I stated earlier, finding a decent social share plugin for your WordPress blog can seem extremely difficult. This is because there are thousands of social share plugins in the WordPress repository. I have found myself switching social media plugins far too often too on my various blogs
So whether you want to add followers counts, share counts, social share buttons or even want to monitor social shares in WordPress, you will find your choice here.
I have compiled both paid and free WordPress social media plugin
( please note that some of the links found here are affiliate links meaning I get a percentage whenever you purchase through my link. However this does not affect the price tag in any way.)
This WordPress social media plugin is one of the most feature-packed plugins out there that you can use on your blog.
The plugin supports plenty of social networks and there are also plenty of customization options for the visual designs, you can manually place social share buttons, set share counts to be displayed as well
- This plugin supports over 45+ social networks & bookmarking sites (including WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber and more).
- Comes with a customizable button text.
- Has a built-in social metrics.
- Supports any custom post types.
- Mobile optimized display.
- Compatible with WooCommerce, JigoShop, WP eCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
- Free add-ons such as post views, Facebook comments, and Google AMP support.
- Social buttons a/b testing feature
- Social fans counter & widgets
Price Tag: $19
With this social media plugin it is easy to add visually stunning sharing buttons to your blog in a variety of locations – you can add share buttons via shortcodes, above/below your posts and even floating share buttons.
With this plugin, you can
- Display share counts only when above a specified number.
- Add “click to tweet” boxes within your content.
- Add custom tweet text for individual posts.
- Display popular posts widget organized by share counts.
- Upload Pinterest specific images and descriptions to your posts (great for boosting Pinterest traffic).
- Tracks social shares with UTM tracking code (see exactly how much traffic this plugin is sending your way).
- Plugin is fully mobile responsive.
- Support for popular social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
- Display total and individual share count.
Price Tag: Starts from $29/year
This WordPress social share plugin is designed to help you grow your traffic. While you can use these apps with any site that supports HTML, they have a specific WordPress plugin which makes setup extremely easy.
Sumo comes with a large number of features, I like how you’re able to order your social sharing buttons by which social networks are getting the most shares. Well, this isn’t just a WordPress social share plugin.
- Supports a wide range of services including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp and more.
- A huge number of options for placement of share buttons.
- Choose various button placements for mobile devices.
- Display rules allow you to choose which posts/pages your share buttons are added to along with other filtering options.
- Significant control over how share counts are displayed – for example, you can choose to hide individual counts and show total counts, or only display counts over a certain number.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Customize size and other aspects of your share buttons.
- Additional apps available to grow your traffic, shares and email list.
Price Tag: Free
This is another WordPress social media plugin with over 100,000+ installs and it let’s you add share icons for RSS, Email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube, ‘Share’ (covering 200+ other social media platforms) and upload custom share icons of your choice.
- Allow visitors to subscribe to your blog by Email
- Add ‘counts’ to your social media buttons
- Decide to display a pop-up (on all or only on selected pages) asking people to follow/share you via your social media icons
- Decide to display sharing-buttons and social media icons at the end of every post
- Select from many other customization features for your social media icons!
- Pick from 16 different designs for your social media share icons
- Give several actions to one social media share icon (e.g. your facebook share icon can lead visitors to your Facebook page, and also give visitors the opportunity to like your page)
- Decide to give your social media icons an animation (e.g. automatic shuffling, mouse-over effects) to make your visitors aware of the share icons, increasing the chance that they follow/share your blog
- Make your social media icons ‘float’ or ‘sticky’
Shareaholic is a WordPress social media plugin that has over 100,00+ active installs in the WordPress repository
Shareaholic is know as an all-in-one Content Amplification Platform, which includes related content recommendations,
social sharing, following, social analytics and site monetization etc.
Some of the features of shareholic include
- Supports Pinterest, Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, LinkedIn, Gmail, Delicious, OneNote, Evernote, Stumbleupon, Digg, Tumblr, Hootsuite, etc
Automatic Google Analytics integration (setup guide)
- Official Share Counters for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Buffer, Google Plus, and more
Support for Google’s URL shortener (goo.gl) and Google Analytics
Supported URL Shorteners: Bitly (including custom tracking), TinyURL, Goo.gl, etc
MashShare is a WordPress social media plugin that over on 70,000+ active install and gets some great reviews on the WordPress plugin repository. It offers a clean yet eye-catching solution to deploying social share buttons.
There’s a free version with some very useful features, and however, you may optin to purchasing add-ons to expand those features.
Some of the features of this social share plugin include
- Eye-catching share count animations
- Supports Open Graph
- Supports only Twitter and Facebook – additional networks available via their add-ons
- Plugin come with most shared posts widget
- Option to hide share counts below a certain number
- Supports short URL’s via Bitly or Goo.gl
- Mobile responsive feature available as add-on only
Price Tag: Free core plugin with paid add-ons
This WordPress social media plugin allows you to easily add sharing buttons for 6 of the main social networks which include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Xing, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Social sharing support for Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Twitter, Xing and Pinterest.
- Auto display to Post, Page, Media and Custom Post type.
- Adds custom Social Button text.
- Plugin is 100% responsive.
- Reorder Social icon order easily.
- No Image, button created using CSS3. For device width less than 480px, this plugin used one single image to display social icons.
- Plugin provide Short code, can integrated with any theme easily.
- Adds text before share buttons
Price Tag: Free
One of the popular features about this WordPress social media plugin is the universal button which allows users to hover over and get the option to share to other networks.
Although, in my opinion – you’re likely to get more social shares if you limit the amount of networks that are displayed.
- Choose where you want buttons to be placed.
- Add buttons around your content or use shortcode to place it anywhere.
- Google Analytics integration helps you monitor your progress.
- A huge range of social networks are supported along with email sharing.
- Choose between several different icon sizes.
- Use custom icons if you want to use a style that isn’t included.
Price Tag: Free
This WordPress social media plugin lets you integrate social share, social comments and social login at your website/blog easiest and simplest possible way.
- You can specify position of sharing icons with respect to content – Top and Bottom
- Has a mobile responsive sharing interface
- Supports Social Login from 9 Social Networks – Facebook, Google, Linkedin, Twitter, Vkontakte, Instagram, Xing, Twitch, Steam and LiveJournal
- Enable Social Login interface at WordPress Login, Register pages and comment form
- Social Share from around 100 social networks
- Share counts are supported for Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Buffer, Reddit, Pinterest, Stumbleupon and Vkontakte
- FREE icon customization options
- Sharing counter customization options
- Customizable target url for sharing
- Ability to rearrange the ordering of sharing icons
This WordPress social media plugin has over 10,000+ active install the WordPress repository. Sassy Social Share enables your blog users to share the content over Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Whatsapp, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit and over 100 more social sharing and bookmarking services.
- Supports share counts for Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Buffer, Reddit, Pinterest, Stumbleupon and Vkontakte
- FREE Icon Customization options
- Options to specify sharing icon shape – Square, Round and Rectangular
- Share counter customization options
- Around 100 Social Sharing/Bookmarking services
- Enable share count cache with option to control cache refresh time-frame
- Enable/Disable vertical/floating sharing interface on mobile device
- Url Shortening Service integration
- Standard and Floating layout for Social Share icons
So which share buttons are best that you should use?
Check below to see some recommendations I have compiled on which plugin might work best for you:
Sumo works perfectly well if you’re looking for a plugin that’s free and offers significant and powerful functionality.
If you want a plugin that enables your readers to be able to share images that fit recommended sizes for social networks, Social Warfare is your best shot.
Easy Social Share Buttons is the best choice if you require control over how share buttons are displayed. It has an amazing amount of features Share will enable you to track which share buttons are getting the most clicks and allow you to display share buttons in different locations for mobile users (this improves user experience).
Ultimate Social Media Sharing Buttons is great if you require a plugin with basic and advanced functionality with email subscription capability
Thank you for reading
So now over to you, which WordPress social media plugin do you use on your blog/website? Let me know in the comment box below